Our Practice – Bakersfield Workers’ Compensation Attorneys

Chain | Cohn | Stiles has the most well-respected workers’ compensation practice in Bakersfield, having represented numerous individuals who have been injured while on the job over the years. Our lawyers have the ability to handle complicated claims, involving issues of medical treatment, earnings, permanent disability, apportionment, and future medical care. We always recommend that you discuss your case with an attorney to find out the facts as they pertain to your case. If you have sustained an injury while on the job, please contact our law firm immediately, so that we can help you obtain maximum compensation for your injuries.

We Handle Personal Injury Cases In Addition To Workers’ Compensation

Additionally, since our firm handles personal injury cases in addition to workers’ compensation cases, if you have been injured due to the fault of both your employer as well as a third party, then you may be entitled to further compensation from the third party. Since we practice in both areas, our lawyers and staff are uniquely situated to handle both aspects of your case.

What should I do if I have an injury at work?

If you have a work-related injury, report the injury to your employer immediately. If your injury developed over time, you should report your injury as soon as you learn of it or believe it to be caused by your job. Your employer will ask you to complete a claim form within one working day after learning about your injury. Once you have filled out this form, your employer will forward this claim form to the workers compensation insurance carrier.

How do I obtain medical treatment for my injury?

Get emergency treatment if you need it. Your employer should refer you to a doctor for medical treatment. You should continue to receive this treatment for as long as it is medically necessary. All medical treatment should be covered by the insurance carrier, but there is a limit to some treatments. Also, your doctor’s treatment plan may be reviewed by a third party hired by the insurance carrier. This process is called utilization review.

What benefits am I entitled to?

  • Medical care which is paid by your employer or workers compensation insurance carrier to help you recover from your injury
  • Temporary disability benefits are payments made to you if your injury prevents you from doing your regular job while recovering from your injury
  • Permanent disability are benefits paid to you if you don’t recover completely
  • Supplemental job displacement benefits are vouchers provided to you by the insurance carrier for retraining or skill enhancement if you are not able to work for your employer