How do I know if I have an injury that is covered under workers’ compensation?

There are two types of injuries that are covered under workers’ compensation. A specific on-the-job injury includes any injury or disease that arises out of employment. The injury can occur as a result of one incident or exposure. A work injury may be the result of tripping, dropping an object on your foot, or lifting a heavy object. A cumulative trauma injury (CT) is an injury that may be the result of work activities over a period of time. For example, a person whose job requires the lifting of heavy objects over a period of time may develop back or neck pain due to repetitive trauma on the job. It can also be the result of work stress causing an internal injury, such as a heart condition, high blood pressure, or a psychological injury.