Bakersfield Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
The team of Bakersfield workers’ compensation lawyers here at Chain | Cohn | Stiles is always standing by to represent you and your interests in a court of law. We fully understand how difficult dealing with workers’ compensation claims and injuries is, and we take extra care to ensure our clients are as well taken care of as possible throughout the entire process. Moreover, we’ve won millions for our clients, and we’ve even earned several awards for our legal prowess in the courtroom. So, if you’ve suffered a work-related injury in Bakersfield and need to file a workers’ compensation claim, then you’ve come to the right law firm! Contact our attorneys to schedule a consultation today!
A Bakersfield Workers’ Compensation Attorney Can Help You Get The Compensation You Deserve
When you hire a Bakersfield workers’ compensation attorney from our firm, you can rest assured that we’ll help you with all aspects of your injury case. Our attorneys will help you with everything from getting a second medical opinion to completing all the complicated paperwork involved in these types of cases. Moreover, we pride ourselves on taking exceptional care of our clients. In other words, when you choose us, you choose a caring, competent, and passionate workers’ compensation attorney in Bakersfield who commit themselves to provide the best legal representation in the business.
Should You File A Bakersfield Workers’ Compensation Claim?
In short, if you suffered a work-related injury, then you’re likely eligible to file a Bakersfield workers’ compensation claim. However, there are a few extenuating factors that can help your case succeed. Some of those factors include:
- You suffered a work-related injury in Bakersfield while performing your job duties per all rules and safety regulations.
- Your employer failed to notify you of the risk you took while performing the work duty that caused your injury.
- A coworker, employee of another firm, or another person on your job site caused the injury, especially if they were also conforming to the job site’s safety regulations.
However, even if your case doesn’t involve any of the previously mentioned factors, don’t let that dissuade you from contacting our firm. You might have a case and not realize it yet.
The Bakersfield Workers’ Compensation Process
With how complicated workers’ compensation laws are, it’s understandable that most people are either unaware of the process for filing a claim, or are afraid of doing so and facing denial from their work’s insurance provider. So, to help ease some of that anxiety, our attorneys laid our the typical Bakersfield workers’ compensation process:
- 1: Worker suffers an injury or illness at the workplace.
- 2: The worker notifies the employer of the at-work injury.
- 3: The employer gives the employee a Workers’ Compensation Claim Form (DWC-1) to fill out.
- 4: The employer’s insurance authorizes (or doesn’t authorize) medical treatment, and submits a comp claim to your insurer (within five days).
- 5: The insurer sends your employer a notice regarding whether the claim was denied, delayed, or accepted (must happen with 14 days of filing the claim).
- 6: If denied, contact a workers’ compensation attorney in Bakersfield.
Once step six occurs, your attorney will help you through the rest of the legal side of the process. However, if you’d like to learn more about the Bakersfield workers’ compensation process, then check out the infographic on our homepage. It neatly lays out each step of the process in an easy-to-understand format.
Contact Workers’ Compensation Lawyers In Bakersfield Today!
If you or someone you know has faced a work-related injury, please contact our law firm immediately at (661)616-9832. Our Bakersfield workers’ compensation lawyers are always standing by to take your case.
Alternatively, you can complete the form on our Contact Us page, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we possibly can.